mbryo's music career has been as varied as his taste. Practical exploration of jazz and metal somehow led to a starring role in the first ever "State Schools Spectacular" at Rod Laver Arena, before serious studies were embarked upon at Melbourne's then-home of experimental music, La Trobe University. Early composition was primarily for theatre, and this remains a strong focus. Junk-percussion and chanting voices for feminism ("Vinegar Tom", 1997) and opulent electronic textures ("Volpone", 1999 & "Creation", 2002/4), to steampunk on stage, screen and catwalk with Growing Up Strange, Golden Owl Events and MAD Fashion in recent years. Small scale short films in the early 00's led to the very successful fan film "280 Days Later" (2007), "Smoking'" (2013) at the Cannes Film Festival, contributions to various documentaries by Global Mana (USA) and for Stella Dimadis' "Lifting Clouds" (2017). His continuing collaboration with renowned Melbourne physical comedian, Rod Lara ("Last Mime Standing", 2014), will see the birth of "Banjo", a children's comedy TV series, in 2018. He also continues as resident composer for The Owl & Cat Theatre ("flesheatingtiger", 2016 & "Erasers", 2017) where he experiments with sound and interactivity, and as programmer/performer with the ensemble XIBE8.
- 2017, "Lifting Clouds", Domestic, Short Films /, Drama, 15mins, Medea Films
- 2017, "Erasers", theatre, International, Feature Films /, Drama, The Owl & Cat Theatre
- 2016, "Sierra Energy Potential", International, Web Series /, Documentary, 5x5mins, Global Mana
- 2016, "Lamb Slam", mobile game, endless runner, Domestic, Tentative Games
- 2016, "flesheatingtiger", theatre, International, Feature Films /, Drama, 60mins, The Owl & Cat Theatre
Festivals and Events
- 2014, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, Australia, "Last Mime Standing".
- 2014, Melbourne Fringe Festival, Australia, "Last Mime Standing".
- 2013, Cannes Film Festival, France, "Smokin'".
- 1999, La Trobe University, Australia, B.Mus (Music) (Hon.)