Charlie’s Working Hub, Los Angeles
In July, Australians in Film (AiF) opened Charlie’s, a dedicated working and networking space in Los Angeles for Australian filmmakers.
Located within the historic Raleigh Studios in the heart of Hollywood, Charlie’s is a unique creative workspace, designed to provide a home base for visiting filmmakers.
Through Film Victoria, Victorian practitioners can secure access to the Mermaid Lounge at Charlie’s to work or host business meetings during their stay in Los Angeles.
The Mermaid Lounge
- A flexible multipurpose space, equipped with internet and teleconferencing facilities.
- Film Victoria has a minimum 20 hour monthly allocation to the space.
- Bookings can be made for individuals to share a communal space, or for small groups of up to six.
How to book the Mermaid Lounge
- To access the Mermaid Lounge, practitioners must be members of a Victorian company or Victorian registered organisation, or an individual Victorian resident, as per Film Victoria’s current Terms of Trade
- To request a booking please contact Film Victoria to discuss the details of your intended usage.
- Film Victoria will facilitate an introduction to AiF who will then liaise directly with applicants on availability and booking arrangements.
Other facilities available at Raleigh Studios
- In addition to Charlie’s, Victorian practitioners can access three screening facilities, from two 36 seat theatres to the Chaplin theatre which holds 160 seats.
- Costs apply for this service. Bookings are subject to availability and must be booked in advance through AiF.
- Parking is available at Raleigh Studios at a current rate of $US10 per day
For further information or queries, contact:
Madeline Getson, Industry Programs Coordinator, Film Victoria, 03 9660 3237
Upcoming funding deadlines
Business Travel - G-STAR
Business Travel - IndieCade
Business Travel - American Film Market (AFM)
Business Travel - MIPCOM (may include MIP Jr)
Festival Travel - London Film Festival
Festival Travel - Busan International Film Festival
Assigned Production Investment - Games
Planning For Growth