The finalists for the 2019 Screen Producers Australia (SPA) Awards have been announced, with Victorian production businesses well represented among the contenders.
The Awards celebrate outstanding Australian screen productions, recognise the skill and achievement of production businesses and aim to increase awareness of the role producers play in creating great homegrown screen stories.
Award recipients will be revealed on 14 November at the SPA Awards ceremony, which takes place on the final night of the Screen Forever conference.
Film Victoria is delighted to have supported 18 of the 54 productions recgonised across 12 categories of film, television and interactive:
Children’s Series Production of the Year
• Mustangs FC, Matchbox Pictures
• Nowhere Boys: The Battle for Negative Space, Matchbox Pictures
Comedy Program or Series Production of the Year
• Mr Black, CJZ
• Get Krack!n, Guesswork Television & Katering Productions
• How To Stay Married, Princess Pictures
Drama Series Production of the Year
• Wentworth, Fremantle
• Five Bedrooms, Hoodlum
• Glitch, Matchbox Pictures
• Bloom, Playmaker Media
Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year
• The Cry, December Media
Online Series Production of the Year
• Superwog, Princess Pictures
Feature Documentary of the Year
• The Eulogy, Freshwater Pictures & iKandy Films
• 2040, GoodThing Productions
• The Australian Dream, GoodThing Productions
Feature Film of the Year
• Judy & Punch, Blue-Tongue Films
• Angel of Mine, SixtyFourSixty
Short Film Production of the Year
• Elders, Typecast
Interactive or Game Production of the Year
• RONE, StudioBento
Visit the Screen Producers Australia website for the full list of finalists.