Film Victoria acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pay our respects to their Elders, past and present.
Personal information: Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
Personal information is information or an opinion that is recorded in any form, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. In this Privacy Statement, personal information has the meaning provided in section 3 of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic). This Act is the legislation that regulates our collection and handling of personal information. Detailed information about the Act is available at the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.
Collection of personal information
Film Victoria will collect your personal information if you send our website a message, if you post those details onto an electronic form or if you otherwise provide your personal information to Film Victoria (for example, in an application). The personal information you provide to Film Victoria may include your name, email address and telephone number.
Film Victoria may also collect your personal information in the following ways:
Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) & Newsletter Subscription
By subscribing to Film Victoria’s mailing list, you agree for Film Victoria to use your personal information for the purposes of contacting you via its online communication services including EDM and e-News. You can unsubscribe at any time and your email address will be moved to a 'do not contact' email database.
If you engage with Film Victoria via social network channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Facebook, you should be aware of the following:
- Film Victoria only collects information that you voluntarily provide via polls, responses, posts, comments, direct messages and tweets.
- Your social media profile contact details may be used to contact you for feedback or to engage you in conversation. All contact will be made via the channels you choose to participate in.
- Any information you post on social media sites is potentially accessible to anyone else engaging with the same social media.
- Your individual privacy settings for profiles and accounts on social media networks are your responsibility. Film Victoria has no control or jurisdiction over these settings.
- Each social network has inbuilt privacy settings. We strongly recommend that you regularly check and configure the privacy settings for your profiles and accounts to make sure that you know what information you are making available, and to which audience.
- When you choose to join our social networks and/or participate in any way, some of your personal information may be made visible to others. For example, if you choose to: ‘Like’ a Film Victoria post, tweet, comment or update; share a link; follow on Twitter; tweet a mention or retweet a message; or join a Facebook Group, your activity may be made visible to others within these networks.
The privacy policies for social media accounts managed by Film Victoria include:
Website usage measurement
Film Victoria may use visitor logs to collect visitation statistics, such as a user's server address, top level domain name, the date and time of the visit, pages downloaded, and browsers used.
Film Victoria may also use Facebook pixel, an analysis and feedback tool, to receive information about the actions taken on our site to make direct marketing more relevant to our audience.
You can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with the opportunity to either accept or reject it. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser or deleting all cookies from your computer if required.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Film Victoria will use your personal information only for the purposes for which you provide it, or for a related purpose. Film Victoria will obtain your consent before using your personal information for any other purpose.
Film Victoria will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any third party other than as outlined in this Privacy Statement or as may otherwise be required by law. Film Victoria will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure.
If you provide Film Victoria with personal information about other people, you must ensure that those people are aware that the information will be provided to Film Victoria, and the purposes for which Film Victoria may use the information.
Requests for information
If requested by you, Film Victoria will advise what personal information we hold about you, and the purposes for which we have that information. Film Victoria will endeavour to respond to any such request within a reasonable period. Film Victoria will update or correct any personal information we hold about you, if requested in writing by you.
Film Victoria has implemented technology and security measures in an effort to protect the personal information you provide, however there are risks in transmitting information over the internet. Film Victoria cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted online, and that information is transmitted at your own risk.
Application of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies to any personal information you provide to Film Victoria.
In relation to any personal information provided or collected via Film Victoria's website, this statement only applies to, and does not extend beyond, this website. When linking to other websites from this website, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of those sites to familiarise yourself with the relevant privacy policies.