Film Victoria hosted a range of industry events, often partnering with industry organisations including Screen Australia, the Games Developers Association of Australia, Screen Producers Australia and the Australian Writers Guild among others.
These events aim to strengthen the skillsets of practitioners working across the film, television and game sectors and tap into key insights from local and international content specialists.
Some highlights of this year’s events and industry activities include:
- Rob Thomas, Screenwriter: Masterclass for Comedy screenwriters and producers (Aug 2015)
- Gideon Raff, Screenwriter: Masterclass for drama producers and writers (Aug 2015)
- X Media Lab event: Masterclass with Seth Shapiro (Sept 2015)
- Women in Games Networking Lunch, with guest-speaker Brie Code, Programmer (Oct 2015)
- Dana Brunetti, Producer: Masterclass for producers (Nov 2015)
- Film Victoria-Natalie Miller Fellowship Women in Leadership Development Initiative: In Conversation with Producer Andrea Denholm and Jo Bladen, General Manager, Studios, The Walt Disney Company Australia and New Zealand (Feb 2016)
- PIXAR animation Masterclass with Andrew Gordon and Chris Sasaki (Feb 2016)
- Jesse Stern, screen and games Writer: One on one meetings with games developers (March 2016)
- Matt Jones, Story Artist: Animation storyboard workshop (May 2016).