Work at Film Victoria
Games and Digital Content Officer
Full time, ongoing role
Film Victoria is looking for a member of the games community with a sound understanding of the Australian games industry to join our team.
We are seeking someone who has worked in and gained proven experience in games development in one or more roles. You may have been a producer, programmer, artist or marketer. We would be especially interested to hear from you if you gained this experience here in Victoria.
You will have sound technical knowledge, and will be able to run games on common platforms such as PC's, mobile devices and modern consoles.
Your interpersonal skills will be strong and you will be someone who is comfortable building and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of people.
You will enjoy working in groups and cross functional teams to achieve common goals.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to prioritise tasks, track progress, plan ahead and to anticipate and adjust for potential problems, and you might have worked with or set up systems to support your achievement of this.
About the Role
The Games and Digital Content Officer reports to the Games and Digital Content Manager and is responsible for helping to deliver Film Victoria programs that support the games and digital media technology segments of the screen industry. You will also contribute to the ongoing development of these programs.
This role offers the opportunity to work on a diverse range of activities including:
- Program Delivery – co-ordinating and assessing applications to Film Victoria's games and digital content programs and consulting with Assessment Panels
- Industry Relationships and Advice – developing and maintaining effective and positive relationships with relevant games and digital content organisations, businesses, practitioners, distributors and financiers
- Funding Program Co-ordination, Administration and Governance – administering the program funding process, in accordance with agreed frameworks, policies and processes to determine applicant eligibility
- Data and Records Management – developing robust filing systems for funding applications and contracting
- Research and Reporting – conducting research on best practices in relation to games industry development and contributing to preparation of presentations and reports for key stakeholders.
How to apply
Interested? To apply, please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au.
Candidates need to include a short statement addressing Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close Sunday 30th September 2018.
If you require additional information or would like to discuss the role further, please contact Liam Routt, Manager – Games and Digital Content on (03) 9660 3224.
Film Victoria is unable to offer work experience places.
We publish an online Industry Directory which lists companies in the film, television and digital media industries. You are welcome to contact relevant production companies directly regarding work experience opportunities they may offer.
See Early Career Practitioners for resources and general assistance with entering the film and television industry.