Film Victoria collects images from various locations and shares them online via our public locations gallery listed on our website or via our private locations gallery that is exclusively available to Victorian Location Managers who actively scout for film and television locations.
This is a free service promoting ‘film friendly’ properties and is used to help show our State's versatile appeal for film and television. This is to attract and encourage local and international film and TV production.
This service does not guarantee that your property will be chosen for filming. It will guarantee that your property will be known by many of the right people, like Location Managers, involved in finding properties for filming. There are a lot of variables in their choice of a property. It's important to maintain realistic expectations when listing your location.
Being a part of the service in no way obligates you to accept any production enquiry or proposals. The decision to allow use and access to your property for filming is entirely yours. Any fee for the use of the property along with terms and conditions, should be negotiated and agreed to before any filming occurs.
Registering your property
To register your property we need the following:
- 10-30 high resolution photos of your property; and
- Confirmation as to whether you would like your property listed on our public or private locations gallery.
Your photos should be reasonable quality wide shots and demonstrate what the location looks like.
- Photos should be in jpeg format (and approximately 1200px in width if possible)
- Photos should be in landscape format (so more of the property is in the frame).
- Include a wide shot of the front and back of the property. Step back to show as much as possible.
- For interiors, shoot from the corner of the room towards the centre then again from the other corner. This should capture most of the detail.
- If a room is dark please turn on some lights for more visibility.
- Try to avoid including people in the photos.
Please advise what gallery you wish to be listed in (private or public) and send us your photos by sharing via Dropbox or WeTransfer to: [email protected]