Film Victoria acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pay our respects to their Elders, past and present.
Industry Directory Terms and Conditions
1. By using the Industry Directory available at: http://www.film.vic.gov.au/choose-victoria/industry-directory/ you agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions. Any use of the Industry Directory will be subject to these terms and conditions.
2. Film Victoria may, in its sole discretion, change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on its website. The terms and conditions in place at the time you use the Industry Directory will apply to that use. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Use of information submitted to the Industry Directory
3. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) the Industry Directory is made available to the public to communicate details of film, television and digital media companies and personnel based in Victoria;
(b) Film Victoria is entitled to publish, reproduce and make available to the public, the Victorian Government and/or any business associate, any information (including personal information) and material submitted to the Industry Directory, on its website and otherwise in connection with the Industry Directory and Film Victoria's business; and
(c) Film Victoria is not liable or responsible for access to and use of this information or material by any person.
4. You warrant and represent that, in submitting information and/or other material to the Industry Directory, you are:
(a) an Australian citizen residing in Victoria, or a permanent resident who has lived in Victoria for at least the last six months; or
(b) you are the authorised representative of a company incorporated in Australia and based in Victoria.
5. You agree to use the Industry Directory only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of any person or restrict any person's use of and access to the Industry Directory.
6. You warrant and represent that:
(a) all information and material you submit to the Industry Directory:
i. is true and correct;
ii. is not defamatory; and
iii. does not infringe any law.
(b) you own or have the necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorise Film Victoria to use all copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any information and material submitted to the Industry Directory for use in the manner contemplated by the Industry Directory and these Terms and Conditions.
(c) you will not submit any information or material to the Industry Directory that is copyrighted or otherwise subject to any third party proprietary right, unless you are the owner of such rights in the material or have the permission of the rights owner to use the information and material in the Industry Directory and grant to Film Victoria all necessary licences to enable it to use such information and material in the in the manner contemplated by the Industry Directory and these Terms and Conditions.
7. To give effect to clause 6(b) above, you grant to Film Victoria a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence of the necessary rights in all information and material submitted to the Industry Directory (including the right to grant sub-licences) to enable Film Victoria and any other party to freely use and deal with that information and material for the purposes of operating, maintaining upgrading, updating and dealing with the Industry Directory for use in the manner contemplated by the Industry Directory and these Terms and Conditions.
8. You indemnify Film Victoria against all loss, legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Film Victoria as a result of your breach of any of these terms and conditions, including the warranties specified in clause 6.
9. Film Victoria expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any and all information and material submitted by you to the Industry Directory.
10. Film Victoria does not authorise copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights on the Industry Directory.
Use of information and material published on the Industry Directory
11. You acknowledge that:
(a) the content of the Industry Directory is provided for information purposes only;
(b) Film Victoria does not make any claim or warranty as to the accuracy or authenticity of information contained in the Industry Directory at any time;
(c) information contained in the Industry Directory has been accepted and collated by Film Victoria in good faith;
(d) the Industry Directory and database is owned by Film Victoria and is made available to facilitate contacts in the film and television production industry; and
(e) you must not reproduce the database or the Industry Directory in any form, unless agreed in writing by Film Victoria
(f) Film Victoria is entitled to remove any content it deems to be:
v. defamatory; or
vi. infringing on the rights (including copyright) of any third party.
(g) Film Victoria is entitled to suspend or terminate your account and access to the Industry Directory if you are in breach or Film Victoria reasonably believes you are have breached of any of these terms and conditions.
12. You should notify Film Victoria as soon as possible if you find any errors in the Industry Directory.
13. Film Victoria specifically and expressly disclaims any liability, loss or risk incurred by you or any other person as a consequence (directly or indirectly) of the use, or reliance on, or application of the Industry Directory or any information or material contained in it.
14. Film Victoria is not responsible or liable for any information or services appearing on or accessible through any linked websites.
15. Film Victoria does not endorse any organisation or person listed or referred to in the Industry Directory and gives no representation or warranty as to services, standards or status. Inclusion of the contact details for an organisation or person in the Industry Directory does not imply or indicate that they have sponsorship or approval of or affiliation with Film Victoria.
16. Film Victoria reserves the right to refuse to list any person or company in the Industry Directory or to suspend or terminate an account at any time in its sole discretion.